In accordance with the total amount of energy consumed as recorded on December 31st of each calendar year, LE will allocate its Giving Budget to chosen nonprofits. The selection criteria include, but are not limited to:
- Relevancy: We seek to focus our attention on hunger, and poverty alleviation by extension, first and foremost. Nonprofits working around this cause will be prioritized.
- Sustainability: We look to donate to lean nonprofit organizations with an efficient administrative and executive team, where a majority of donations is directed towards the provision of services.
- Locality: We seek locally staffed and led organizations that have a long-term commitment to the regions where they work.
- Reputability: We insist on working with highly regarded nonprofits that continuously play a big part in the community, day in day out, year after year.
- Neutrality: We work with nonprofits that have a broad appeal and are not directly associated with any with religious or political association.
Link Energy invites anyone, including staff, customers and investors to submit their cherished nonprofits for nomination.